Today more than ever, it’s all about the customer. The expectations customers place on retailers are motivating retailers to deliver a best-in-class customer experience across channels. To achieve that goal, it’s all about simplicity in business process execution.
Forward-thinking retailers and brand manufacturers looking to expand their business across channels, brands and the globe are seeking a complete commerce platform that will ease the process from back-end systems to the POS, ecommerce and beyond.
Manufacturers are now retailers and direct sellers. Retailers are now manufacturers and direct sellers. These entities are no longer just B2B or B2C companies, and they need a platform that can support their growth and expanded capabilities.
The focus must be on innovation, insight and consistency to enable unlimited growth. Those goals can be achieved by following five key steps, with the customer as the central focus:
- Adopt a Single Commerce Platform
- Access a 360-Degree View of the Customer
- Implement Intelligent Order Orchestration
- Deliver Innovative Customer Experiences
- Enable Unlimited Expansion
1. Adopt a Single Commerce Platform: Offer True Omnichannel Shopping and Service Through the Cloud
To achieve success in today’s digitally competitive marketplace, retailers need to simplify processes by consolidating systems. This strategy will eliminate duplication and fragmentation while delivering real- time analysis that will enable marketers to make quicker and more relevant decisions.
With a single cloud platform across front-end and back-office systems, integration costs are reduced dramatically. This cloud-based approach also allows the system to communicate and integrate with other cloud applications, further increasing efficiencies and capabilities.
2. Access a 360-Degree View of the Customer: Provide Innovative, Personalized and Targeted Off and Communications
Consistent customer experience is now part of the retail dictionary across all industry segments and brands, and marketers are clamoring to deliver on that promise quickly. Being able to access one customer record across all channels and business models in real time allows retailers to obtain that often-elusive single version of the truth. Finally marketers are able to determine the true lifetime profit for every customer.
3. Implement Intelligent Order Orchestration: Deliver on the Promise of Fulfilling, Buying and Returning Anywhere without Breaking the Bank — Domestically and Globally
Today’s demanding and digitally savvy shoppers expect their retail brands to provide a quick and seamless ordering process that delivers selected products at their convenience through their channels of choice. To achieve this holy grail of ordering and delivery, retailers must have a best-in-class solution in place that provides real-time ordering information throughout the organization. The system of choice should include customizable business rules to seamlessly orchestrate each order throughout the entire supply chain and the vendor network.
4. Deliver Innovative Customer Experiences: Use Mobile, Social, Web and In-Store Tools to Provide an Engaging and Relevant Brand Experience and Deliver on Customer Expectations
Retailers have to be on their toes when it comes to the customer experience. Shoppers today are looking beyond price comparison; they are seeking retailers they can relate to that provide the most relevant and engaging customer experiences. Your customer experience is a brand differentiator. There’s clearly an opportunity for forward-thinking retailers to get on board with the latest solutions that can help improve the customer experience.
5. Enable Unlimited Expansion: Secure Successful Growth Across Channels, Brands and the Globe
Global expansion is the ticket to long-term success for many retailers and manufacturers. The borders of the U.S. no longer provide the expansion possibilities needed to sustain a growing business. A comprehensive global solution will operate from a single platform that offers the following benefits:
- Supports multiple countries, languages, tax rates and currencies
- Creates and manages multiple web sites for individual brands, geographies and business models — all from a single site instance
- Combines business-to-consumer (B2C) and business-to-business (B2B) selling models on a single platform with a dramatically lower investment and without the need to maintain separate systems.
Systems should not be the inhibitors to global growth, but in many cases outdated systems do not offer the speed and agility to react to new demands. Business solutions need to be able to address a variety of significant changes and updates, such as new branding, new product concepts, company spinoffs and international growth.
Retail has become a complex environment comprised of numerous channels, multiple regions and specific target markets. But keeping up doesn’t have to be complex. With the right solutions and systems in place, retailers can remain agile, efficient and profitable.
For more information, contact our team at NXTurn to learn more about an integrated end-to-end cloud-based commerce platform. This type of solution can fulfill the needs of retailers of all sizes and segments. Get started today before your competitors beat you to the punch!
Click here to learn more about NXTurn, NetSuite Solution Provider services.
Posted by Marcy Rudowitz Comments (0)