From the Internet of Things and predictive analytics to big data, new technologies are touching every part of the business – particularly the supply chain.
Here’s what thought leaders at the Modern Supply Chain Experience conference in San Jose, Calif., had to say about the challenges facing today’s supply chain leaders and their predictions for the future:
- By 2020, over 50 percent of manufacturing supply chain models will benefit from investment in new technologies and 50 percent of manufacturers will be using cognitive computing and artificial intelligence as well as advanced analytics for planning and long term forecasting.
- Ecommerce will be imperative for business expansion and will help to drive growth in the supply chain. Roughly 90 percent of product businesses will be using B2B and B2C ecommerce in the next 10 years, and 50 percent of manufacturing supply chains will reach the end consumers directly for increased profitability.
- Businesses will need to prioritize improving business processes and streamlining the supply chain to most effectively reduce costs and improve efficiencies, drive growth, and improve the customer experience for long-term business success.
- The supply chain is the lifeblood of the business, and those that choose to innovate and invest their time into it will have the opportunity to not only succeed, but rather thrive in our increasingly connected business world.
- The cost advantages of a cloud solution - from decreased investment in software development to lower maintenance costs - are only part of the equation driving businesses to the cloud.
- Businesses leveraging innovative process changes, tech transformations and cloud applications – or some combination of these – will be the ones to get ahead. The businesses to innovate and capitalize on new technologies will thrive, while those who do not will become obsolete.
Change is inevitable, especially in an age when technology is constantly advancing and businesses are innovating and iterating day after day. With this in mind, as hard as investing in your supply chain may seem, can your business really afford to stay the same?
For more on what NXTurn can do for your business, contact our sales team. Let us know what we can do to help!
Since 2005, NXTurn has assisted hundreds of NetSuites customers with quality implementation, support, customization, integration and eCommerce services. NXTurn is a leading provider for NetSuite’s on-demand, integrated business management software for growing and midsize businesses and NXTurn provides a fast, cost effective, reliable way to integrate and manage external applications and data with your NetSuite account.Posted by Marcy Rudowitz Comments (0)